Kuali Research (KR) will be down this evening from 7-8PM for our standard monthly deploy. Please see below for important updates included in this month’s deploy. Please pay special attention and become familiar with the updated KR PD approval language:
- Cayuse sync function has been restored in KR PD
- NASA sponsors have been included in the NSF applicable COI hierarchy
- When a NASA sponsor is selected, COI disclosure status will display in the personnel section – Positive, Negative, or Incomplete/Expired
- A new question regarding P3/P4 data is added to the General Questionnaire:
- Updated approval language in KR PD for approval stops in workflow – screenshot and text below:
By approving this proposal, I certify, to the best of my knowledge, that:
- The information entered in the Kuali Research Proposal Development (KRPD) system regarding this proposal is true, accurate, and complete.
- The information contained in the proposal application is true and accurate, and that I understand that any false, fictitious, or fraudulent statements or claims may subject the University and me, individually, to criminal, civil, or administrative penalties.
- The information contained in the proposal application is complete and includes all information required in accordance with application guidelines and sponsor rules and policies, and that applicable university policies and guidance were followed in preparing the proposal application.
- No UCI employee or appointee who is proposed to conduct the research is currently debarred, proposed for debarment, suspended, declared ineligible, or voluntarily excluded from transactions by any U.S. federal agency or entity.
- If the proposal is to the U.S. federal government and the proposed research includes either human subject research or research using animals covered by either the US Department of Agriculture or U.S. Public Health Service policies, the IRB and/or IACUC protocol application(s) will be identical in principle and congruent with the UCI scope of work contained in the proposal.
I further certify, that I will comply with all applicable sponsor policies and regulations, university policies and guidance (including the UC Standards of Ethical Conduct and UC Contract and Grant Manual), and applicable law related to this sponsor’s funding decision process.
In addition to the above, and if the proposal is funded, I certify and affirm that:
- I accept responsibility for the design, ethical conduct, fiscal and administrative management, and reporting of this project, including submission of any required reports.
- I will comply with the award terms and conditions, sponsor policies and regulations, university policies and guidance (including the UC Standards of Ethical Conduct and UC Contract and Grant Manual), and applicable law, and I will inform all other UCI employees, appointees, and students who will conduct the research project that the same is expected of them.
- I and the research team will follow our unit’s/units’ data security management plan(s) if the sponsored research award involves P3 or P4 data.
- I will submit or will have the protocol Lead Researcher(s) submit modifications and/or changes to the IRB and/or IACUC, as necessary and applicable, to assure the protocol(s) remain identical in principle and congruent with UCI’s scope of work contained in the sponsored research award.
- Space arrangements are in place to meet the proposed research project’s space requirements.
- The resources described in the proposal will be available to conduct the research project.
- If any UCI employee, appointee, or student involved in conducting the research project becomes debarred or is proposed for debarment, or is suspended, declared ineligible, or voluntarily excluded from transactions by any U.S. federal agency or entity, that I will promptly report this to Sponsored Projects Administration upon becoming aware of this information.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions!
Barbara Inderwiesche, CRA
Director, Electronic Research Administration
UCI Office of Research
160 Aldrich Hall
Irvine, CA 92697-7600
Please consider the environment before printing this email P