The IACUC will be conducting its federally mandated semi-annual facility inspections during the next several weeks – the schedule is posted on our IACUC website.
If your lab is currently inactive (no live animal work currently being performed), please notify the IACUC Administrative Office at IACUC@uci.edu.
See the IACUC Facility Inspections Guidance page for more information – During the inspections, IACUC members may request information and records related to your IACUC approved protocol and use of animals. In preparation, please:
- Ensure that your laboratory and vivarium housing areas are clean, orderly and in satisfactory condition.
- For lab inspections, arrange to have laboratory personnel available during the inspection period in case they have questions regarding the procedures performed on live animals in your laboratory and/or vivarium.
Members of the site visit team may also ask about the following:
- Storage and use of drugs and medical materials, including Controlled Substances.
- Training records for all members of the laboratory staff
- Use of aseptic technique for survival surgeries, including proper sterilization of instruments.
For questions about inspections, contact IACUC@uci.edu. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.