The IACUC will be conducting its federally mandated semi-annual facility inspections during the next several weeks – The schedule is posted on our website (secure login required).
The Spring 2023 facility inspections will be in-person.
During inspections, the IACUC site visit team may request information and records related to your IACUC-approved protocol and use of animals. In preparation, please:
- Ensure that your laboratory and vivarium housing areas are clean, orderly and in satisfactory condition.
- Arrange to have personnel available in your laboratory during the inspection period in case there are questions regarding the procedures performed on live animals in your laboratory and/or vivarium.
- See facility inspection guidelines for additional guidance.
The site visit team may also ask about the following:
- Storage and use of drugs and medical materials, including Controlled Substances.
- Training records for all members of the laboratory staff, and enrollment in the Laboratory Animal Occupational Health Program.
- Use of aseptic technique for survival surgeries, including proper sterilization of instruments.
- If your lab has any old key cards to be returned.
For questions, contact the IACUC Administrative Office. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.