Great News for PHS/NIH & NSF Investigators!
The End of Paper COI Disclosure Forms 800 and 900!
As part of the Office of Research’s efforts to streamline procedures and reduce administrative burden for UCI’s researchers, we are excited to announce the launch of KC Conflict of Interest (KC COI) on June 23, 2016!
In this initial phase, we are eliminating the paper Forms 800 and 900, and transitioning to an annual disclosure process. Additional benefits that PHS and NSF Investigators will enjoy include:
- Reduced number of times an Investigator needs to disclose – in some cases as little as once per year
- Reduced number of disclosure questions
- Automated disclosure reminders
- PHS Travel Log- Disclose each trip once rather than for each PHS project
Other useful features include:
- Integration with KC Proposal Development – the Personnel and Summary tabs will display the status of disclosures
- Master Disclosure – all disclosures, including travel, will be in one easy to access location
- Save the date for the KC COI Open Forum: Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
- Sign up for KC COI Office Hours available in June 2016. Sign up in UCLC, search for “KC COI”.
- Find more information on the new Annual COI Disclosure Implementation and the eRA webpages including additional training opportunities. Please keep checking for updates.
Stay connected with the latest KC developments by signing up for the KC-project listserv. Send a blank email to: email@example.com.
James W. Hicks
Interim Vice Chancellor for Research
Professor of Biology