FYI – This notice will be in Friday’s edition of the Weekly NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices.
NOT-OD-14-028 – Change in the NIH Continuous Submission Policy
Starting with grant applications (R01, R21, and R34) submitted under the continuous submission option for the 2014/10 council round:
Applications will be initially assigned to the most appropriate Advisory Council meeting (see below). Following initial peer review, if timing permits, applications may be considered in an earlier Advisory Council meeting.
Summary Statements for applications submitted under the continuous submission option will be available no later than 30 days prior to the relevant Advisory Council meeting.
Schedule for Initial Assignment to Advisory Council Rounds
The continuous submission option does not apply to grant applications submitted in the following situations:
- Applications from Project Directors/Principal Investigators (PDs/PIs) or multiple PDs/PIs (MPI) who are eligible for continuous submission but wish to request an assignment to a specific study section. These applications are expected to conform to regular submission deadlines and the late window of consideration for members applies (NOT-OD-11-035) to these applications.
- Applications from temporary or ad hoc members who have not contributed recent substantial review service. Temporary or ad hoc members who are not eligible for continuous submission are eligible for the late submission window as described in the Guide Notice “NIH Policy on Late Submission Grant Applications” (NOT-OD-11-035).
- Applications for which the eligible members have roles other than PD/PI or MPI.
- Applications from individuals who serve as appointed advisors or ad hoc reviewers or advisors for other Federal agencies or for private organizations.
- Applications submitted in response to Requests for Applications (RFAs).
- Applications submitted in response to PARs with non-standard receipt dates.
Research Policy Analyst
Research Policy Analysis and Coordination
1111 Franklin St. 11th Floor, 11210C
Oakland, CA 94607