NSF has issued a revised version of the Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), (NSF 17-1). The new PAPPG will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 30, 2017. The PAPPG has been modified in its entirety to remove all references to the Grant Proposal Guide (GPG) and Award & Administration Guide (AAG). The document will now be referred to solely as the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide. Given the number of important revisions, we strongly recommend that you review the by-chapter summary of changes provided at the beginning of the PAPPG.
In addition to the significant change mentioned above, other revisions include:
- Addition of new sections on Special Processing Instructions and Types of Proposals, including two new types, RAISE and GOALI;
- Additional instructions for proposers on completion of the Collaborators and Other Affiliations information;
- Implementation of 45 CFR 690.118 for applications and proposals lacking definite plans for involvement of human subjects;
- Supplemental information regarding treatment of NSF awards with canceled appropriations;
- Updated to guidance regarding budgeting and cost treatment of incentive payments, administrative and clerical salaries and wages, and meals and hotel expenses of grantee employees who are not on travel status; and
- Updated guidance regarding indirect costs and voluntary committed and uncommitted cost share.
NSF will conduct a webinar to brief the community on the new PAPPG on January 19th at 1 PM EST. Registration is required on the outreach events website.
While this version of the PAPPG becomes effective on January 30, 2017, in the interim, the guidelines contained in the current PAPPG (NSF 16-1) continue to apply.
Questions regarding this notice should be directed to the appropriate Contract and Grant Officer in Sponsored Projects.
Executive Director, Sponsored Projects
Sponsored Projects Administration
UCI Office of Research
141 Innovation, Suite 250
Irvine, CA 92697-7600
PH: (949) 824-2897
Fax: (949) 824-2094
*Sign up for the SPA listserv emailing: email@example.com“>firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com“>firstname.lastname@example.org