NSF has issued its revised “Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG), January 2016” (the Guide). The Guide is effective for proposals submitted to NSF on or after January 25, 2016.
The full Guide can be found at: http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=nsf16001
The significant changes to the Guide include:
Participant Support and Conference Proposal sections have been supplemented with information on the types of costs that may be proposed and under what scenarios
· Enforcement of 5 p.m. submitter’s local time across all NSF funding opportunities;
· Implementation of NSF’s Public Access Policy;
· Provision of Collaborators and Other Affiliations information as a new single-copy document, instead of as part of the Biographical Sketch;
· Submission of Biographical Sketches and Current and Pending Support separately for each senior personnel;
· Revision of timeframe for submission of final project reports, project outcomes reports and financial closure of awards to 120 days after the award end date; and
· Numerous clarifications throughout the document.
The full list of significant changes and clarification to the PAPPG can be found at: http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/policydocs/pappguide/nsf16001/sigchanges.jsp
Please read the Guide and its changes very carefully they will impact the submission of proposals to NSF and the administration of NSF awards. The Contract and Grant Officers will provide an overview of the some of the significant changes in the Federal Update at today’s QRAM.
If you should have any questions, please contact your Contract and Grant Officer in Sponsored Projects.
Director, Sponsored Projects
Sponsored Projects Administration
UCI Office of Research
5171 California Avenue, Suite 150
Irvine, CA 92697-7600
PH: (949) 824-2897
Fax: (949) 824-2094
*Sign up for the SPA listserv emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org“>email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org“>email@example.com