CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – NCURA REGION VI
TRAVEL AWARDS FOR THE 57th ANNUAL MEETING
Region VI will be supporting up to four (4) travel awards of $750 to offset the cost of attendance at the NCURA 57th Annual Meeting, which is to be held August 2-5, 2015 in Washington, DC. Each award is intended to assist with registration, hotel, meal, and/or transportation costs associated with meeting attendance.
Applications for a travel award for the 57th Annual Meeting (AM57) are now being accepted. The deadline for receipt of applications is FRIDAY, MAY 15, 2015.
1. Applicants must be research administrators from within the Region VI geographic area (Alaska, California, Guam, Hawaii, Nevada, Northern Marianas Islands, Oregon, Samoa, Washington). Applicants need not be members of NCURA in order to apply for or to be awarded a Region VI Travel Award.
2. Applicants must not have previously attended an NCURA-sponsored meeting or conference. Participation in NCURA training courses (e.g., Fundamentals of Sponsored Projects Administration Workshop) or NCURA web seminars does not preclude eligibility.
3. Applicant’s Statement of Merit and Letter(s) of Support must demonstrate both the potential benefit of the award and the individual/institutional need for travel assistance.
4. The Applicant’s Statement of Merit and/or the Letter(s) of Support must demonstrate that the applicant has secured their manager or supervisor’s approval to attend the meeting.
5. Should the cost of attendance exceed the amount of the award, the application and/or the support letter(s) must confirm that the awardee or the awardee’s home institution will cover the balance.
How to Apply:
Applications must be completed and submitted online via the NCURA Region VI Travel Award application form, found at http://www.ogrd.wsu.edu/r6ncura/TRA.aspx.
The individual applying for the Travel Award is expected to complete and submit the application form. The application must be accompanied by at least one letter of support and the applicant’s résumé. The letter of support must be provided by someone at the nominee’s institution, ideally a supervisor or someone who can authorize meeting attendance. The letter(s) of support and résumé should be uploaded into the online application form prior to its submission.
Selection of the awardees will be determined by the Regional Awards Committee, based on perceived need and potential benefit to the applicant and the applicant’s institution. The Committee’s decisions will be final. Selection criteria used by the Committee include:
- Benefit of attendance
- Candidate’s contribution to his/her organization, and ability to add value to organization if able to attend the meeting
- Relevant experience of the candidate
- Strength and applicability of support letter(s). (Please note that specificity to the applicant is encouraged, and template support letters are discouraged.)
- Reasons why the applicant’s institution could not support the applicant’s attendance at the meeting in the absence of a travel award.
Questions? Contact Stella Sung (Chair, Region VI Awards Committee) at email@example.com.
The travel awards for the 57th Annual Meeting will be announced by Friday, May 22, 2015.