National Institutes of Health (NIH) Data Sharing Plan Requirements Coming in 2023
+ UCI Library Resources
+ UCI Office of Research and Libraries January
Webinar (Save the Date)
New NIH Requirements Coming:
Starting January 25, 2023, the NIH will require all researchers seeking grant funds that result in the generation of scientific data to:
- Submit a two-page data management and sharing plan as part of the funding application. The plan must outline how their scientific data and accompanying documentation will be managed and shared.
- Submit a data management and sharing plan as part of the grant application process.
- Maximize the appropriate sharing of scientific data generated from NIH-funded or conducted research in the plan, with justified limitations or exceptions.
For more details about the new data management and data sharing policy, read the NIH Scientific Data Sharing one page guide: The Who, What, Where and When of the NIH Data Management and Sharing (DMS) Policy (PDF).
UCI Libraries a Key Resource:
The UCI Libraries have developed a robust webpage to address the following:
- An overview of the 2023 NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy
- Definitions of key terms under the 2023 NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Templates for Creating NIH Data Management and Sharing Plans (DSMP)
- Process to request a consultation with a Librarian
SAVE THE DATE
January 10, 2023, 10:00AM – 11:30AM (Zoom)
Please join us for an NIH Data Sharing Plan Requirements Webinar hosted by the UCI Office of Research and our colleagues at the UCI Libraries,
A specific invitation will go out in January.