***This message was sent to multiple lists. Our apologies for duplicates***
Dear Kuali Coeus Users,
Kuali Coeus will be unavailable, Wednesday, 12/16, from 8:00-8:30PM for the monthly deployment.
As discussed during last week’s QRAM, we are pleased to announce the following functional changes to the KC system. These changes are a direct result from feedback received from Faculty and departmental administrators including alignment of roles of Key Personnel in KC to roles denoted by the sponsor and eliminating the Co-I certification and approval requirement in order to accurately capture all Key Personnel roles on the project as listed in the proposal. These changes will streamline the routing and approval process in KC and reduce administrative burden for Faculty and department administrators.
• New Personnel roles for proposals where PHS is the Sponsor or Prime Sponsor
– Key Person
• Only PI’s have to certify and approve the proposal. All other roles do not.
• New roles for all non-PHS Sponsors
• Principal Investigator
• Key Person
– Only Principal Investigators have to certify and approve the proposal. All other roles do not.
• Dynamic descriptions of personnel roles based on Sponsor and Prime Sponsor to more clearly guide users in choosing the appropriate roles for personnel.
– As a reminder, all personnel that fall into one of the available roles should be added in KC. If there are 10 Co-PI’s on the project, then 10 Co-PI’s should be listed on the Personnel tab.
• F&A Rate Type
– Added the value: “None”
– Added a default value of “select”
– F&A Rate Type is now a required field and if left blank, will return an error.
• Renamed Key Personnel tab to Personnel
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact me directly.
Barbara Inderwiesche, CRA
Electronic Research Administration
UCI Office of Research
5171 California Avenue, Suite 150
Irvine, CA 92697-7600
Ph: 949.824.4789 Fax: 949.824.2094
IMPORTANT: The Office of Research will be closed for the UCI winter break from December 24, 2015 through January 1, 2016. For guidance regarding funding opportunities with submission deadlines during the break, contact your Contract and Grant Officer as soon as possible.
Please consider the environment before printing this email P