Cayuse 424: A web-based alternative to completing SF424 forms
UCI’s Kuali Coeus team is excited to announce the availability of Cayuse 424!
Cayuse 424 is a web-based, system-to-system alternative to completing SF424 forms for proposal submission to federal agencies through Grants.gov. The advantage of using Cayuse 424, in lieu of SF424 forms, is the robust validations engine that checks not only for Grants.gov errors and warnings, but also errors and warnings as a result of agency (NIH, NSF, Army, ONR, etc) and Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) requirements. Cayuse 424 error and warning validations will mitigate the cases where a proposal is rejected by Grants.gov or the agency’s system (such as NIH eRA Commons).
Other benefits of Cayuse 424 include:
- Auto-fill feature that completes forms automatically with accurate institutional and professional information.
- Escalate budgets automatically, edit as desired and eliminate manual calculations.
- Four-tier validation to view real-time feedback on Grants.gov proposal expertise, allowing focus on science and management.
- Ease-of-use for researchers and administrators
- Single Sign-on utilizes same UCInetID and password as other UCI systems
Cayuse 424 is already in use by a group of first implementers, consisting of representatives from the School of Medicine and Beckman Laser Institute. In the coming months, Cayuse 424 will be rolled out to the rest of the UCI research community. Your department/school can expect to see communication from the Kuali Coeus team containing information on how to begin utilizing Cayuse 424.