RESEARCH CONTINUITY: Research Ramp-up
Guidance for Expanding Research Activities – Core Facilities
The Guidance for Expanding Research – Core Facilities provided below supplements the Framework for UCI Phased Research Activities.
Core facilities provide key tools and services to support UCI’s research community. As such, it is important that they support UCI researchers conducting UCI phased research activities.
Because core facilities differ based on equipment, instruments, services, locations, and a variety of other factors, this guidance does not address all circumstances and planning scenarios. Rather, it is general guidance intended to help faculty and independent researchers who operate core facilities (“Plan Owners”) in developing plans for transitioning core facilities transition plans (“Plans”).
- All Guiding Principles contained in the Framework for UCI Phased Research Activities apply to core facilities, as do the sections on:
- UCI’s Research Phases,
- Decision Making Authority,
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations,
- Applicability and Effective Period, and
- Communication, Monitoring and Enforcement
- Be prepared to track and control facility access to assist UCI contact tracing officials.
- Plan Owners should review the General Points of Consideration (available on the Research Continuity website) for those points applicable to their facility.
Plan Owners should share their facility health and safety plans broadly with users.