From: Pramod Khargonekar – Vice Chancellor for Research <zotmail@uci.edu&gt;
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2020 6:00 PM
To: ALL UCI Employees (Campus, Medical Center, and College of Health Sciences) <zotmail@uci.edu&gt;
Subject: Research Continuity Website in Response to COVID-19 Situation Now Available

message from Pramod Khargonekar

Research Continuity Website in Response to COVID-19 Situation Now Available

Dear colleagues,

To assist UCI’s research community with keeping informed about evolving circumstances, emerging guidance and information regarding the impact of COVID-19 on UCI’s research enterprise, the Office of Research (OR) has launched a Research Continuity website.  This resource is intended to be a location where researchers and their support staff can go to get answers to their questions.  Given that circumstances are very fluid at this point, the website and its contents are living documents, and will be updated regularly.  Therefore, I strongly encourage you to refer to this website often.

I am also writing to inform you that OR has developed Human Research Continuity guidance, which is available on the Research Continuity website.  This information includes the status of IRB/HRPP operations, operational priorities, and guidance on COVID-19 screening of research subjects prior to study appointments.  It also clarifies that practicing social distancing practices used in lieu of in-person interactions does not require an IRB approved modification prior to implementation.  This guidance also includes important general guidance for clinical research.

OR is committed to providing the UCI research community with important information and developments regarding the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on UCI research through regular messaging and the Research Continuity website.  Please direct any questions regarding OR’s continuity plans to Bruce Morgan, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Administration at bruce.morgan@uci.edu or 949-824-5677.  Questions regarding ULAR’s continuity plan should be directed to Claire Lindsell at claire.lindsell@uci.edu or 949-824-0569.

Sincerely,

Pramod Khargonekar, Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor for Research
Distinguished Professor of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science

Scroll to Top