Downtime for Thu, Jan. 24
Monday, January 21, 2013
Highlights of eRA’s January Software Release for eRA Commons
The following are highlights of eRA’s upcoming January 24-25 system-wide
* The Statement of Appointment (Form PHS 2271) has been modified
to reflect the OMB approved revised list of Field of Training (FOT)
codes and Specialty Boards
* xTrain http://era.nih.gov/training_career/index.cfm will
now recognize the amendment date when an appointment has been modified
and the trainee is appointed or reappointed before the original end
date. The system will no longer display an error message about
overlapping appointment dates.
* The fellowship will now be displayed under Prior Support when
the trainee has an appointment and previously had a fellowship.
* When fellowships are being terminated, only the years where
the stipend amount is greater than zero and the status is either awarded
or terminated will be displayed.
* New online help for xTrain. When you see a question mark (?)
and click on it, it will take you to information about that page or
content. The question marks appear on the following screens: My Grants,
Trainee Roster, Trainee Appointments and Terminations, Statement of
Training Appointment, Termination Notice NRSA, and List of Grants.
* Expansion of Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR)
http://grants.nih.gov/grants/rppr/ with several fixes and
* Application Submission System & Interface for Submission
Tracking (ASSIST) pilot underway.
* Users are getting their first experience developing
multi-project applications on-line in the new ASSIST
system as they prepare to submit for January due date.
* Additional pilot opportunities will close over the next few
* NIH will transition all multi-project applications to
electronic submission by January 2014 (see Transition Timeline
* For information, see Submitting a Multi-project Application
Scheduled Downtime for January Release:
eRA Commons will be unavailable beginning at 9 p.m. ET Thursday, January
24 and will return to service by 7 a.m. ET Friday, January 25.
After the January Release, make sure to review the Release Notes
http://era.nih.gov/commons/release_notes.cfm for detailed information
on the changes.
Division of Communications and Outreach
NIH Office of Extramural Research
OR-SPA mailing list